Very true

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 04, 1999 at 12:54:01:

In Reply to: Red Herring? posted by Patterson on October 04, 1999 at 11:23:39:

: : I saw an interview on "ET This Week" last night, and they had an interview with George Lucas that cast a completely different spin to what we've been reading recently. In the SW catagory, he was asked if a certain actor had been approached to play a principle part in the second SW movie. Lucas said he hadn't even fleshed out the storyline yet, let alone considered WHO he'd have in the movie yet, so the answer was no. This is a complete contridiction to what we've read to date, that being SW had the front seat, and IJ was on a back burner until this was done. This lead up to the question, "Will there be a fourth Indy movie, considering Harrison Ford said he'd like to do one?". Lucas said,"Absolutely. I have TWO scripts for consideration (caps for emphasis are mine) and all I'm waiting for is a phone call from Steven and Harrison. I'm ready to go!" Hummmm. This was from Lucas' own mouth, not a producer's or Hollywood "insider". Interesting. Regards. Michaelson

:
: One of my college roommates went to work for Lucasfilms in 1988. He used to feed me little tidbits about the re-release of SW and the pending release of PM. Generally, though, he's pretty tight lipped.

: Anyway, I talked to him over the weekend and tried to hit him up for Indy dirt. He gives me the standard "I can neither confirm or deny" speech, and then loosens up a bit. He said that there would be occasional flurries of activity around another sequel, then nothing may happen for months. Then he gave me something direct, which could just be him trying to rattle my cage - not out of character for him. I asked if I could share the tidbit, and he said to feel free.

: He said not to be surprised to see "that hideous little idol from the opening sequence from Raiders" make an appearance. I asked if it would be similar to the Ark's appearance in LC, but he buttoned back up.

: Again, he said I could share.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

I find it very interesting to see "the Man" participating in this old Hollywood shell game, if indeed this is what is happening. Then again, it could be the truth. Ah, the entertainment industry.....Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]