Re: Serials

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.175 on October 05, 1999 at 09:08:14:

In Reply to: Serials posted by o'malley on October 05, 1999 at 07:57:46:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I'm afraid Hannibal King can't respond as he's unable to get to the site currently, but I'll pass along your kind words.

As to the history question: All of the historical references except the mine itself are pretty accurate, I believe. Spain was in the middle of a civil war at the time of the story. Charles I did war against the French four times and did become Charles V, the Holy Roman Emporer. He pretty much bankrupted his country and was indeed desperate for silver to supplement his revenues. Spain did invest heavily in the conquest of Mexico and did find it difficult to take the Yucatan from the native Maya. The "Silver Fleet" was real as were the coded messages Charles sent back and forth to his son, the future king.

However, the Spanish soldiers that destroyed the French exploration party, the map room, the statue of the king and the lost city are all made up.

All of the Dreamtime and Aborigine myth is accurate, as is the brief description of the Maya ball game. There is no Dance of Fangs...
Thanks again,
walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: