Re: fedora success story for those interested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust183.tnt1.provo.ut.da.uu.net on October 05, 1999 at 17:53:38:

In Reply to: Re: fedora success story for those interested posted by Patterson on October 05, 1999 at 15:51:17:

: : I took my David Morgan Squatter with me on a trip to San Antonio. While there I went to a small old hat shop and for $6 they cut the brim and changed to ribbon. It looks fantastic. Almost an exact copy of the fedora Indy wears while boarding the clipper to Nepal. (I purchased the grey one not thinking it would ever resemble Indy`s hat) The results were so great that yesterday I ordered the David Morgan Bushman (after what I read in earlier posts) and it arrived today but I wasn`t in at the time so I have to wait untill tomorrow. As soon as I get it I am rushing up to San Antonio, texas and has this one cut, shapped and ribbon change. It looks great and is alot cheaper than HJ. Only 26 more days left until next Halloween-Jack Skellington

: Very cool! It’s great to hear a review. I would love to see pics if you can get in electronic format.

: I'm going to pick up my Bushman on either Thursday or Friday, and I'll be doing the cutting (yikes!) and ribbon myself.

: Have you been able to compare the brown Squatter to the brown Bushman? The Squatter is more of a truer beige while the Bushman has a gray tone to it. I'm opting for the Bushman because of the extra ½-inch of crown, and I think the color looks pretty good. I'm thoroughly impressed with the stiffness of the felt. Also, I'm planning on cutting off the rivets for the chinstrap.

: Wow! It’s great to hear a success story with the Akubra hats. I was a bit nervous in what appeared to be virgin territory.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

I've spent the last year doing fieldwork in a self-modifed David Morgan Akubra Squatter and am totally pleased with it. The color is somewhat lighter than people might like, but I find it resembles the Raiders version with that dusted look. I recommend this hat to anyone seeking an open-crown hat with a higher crown than most. Maybe I'll get the Bushmen next. --nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]