Re: a "Nomadic" Indy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chaz from client-151-198-133-238.bellatlantic.net on October 07, 1999 at 20:12:11:

In Reply to: Re: a "Nomadic" Indy... posted by Mikal on October 07, 1999 at 17:51:27:

: : : : According to the Last Crusade movie, Indy grew up in Utah, but according to the YIJC, he spent his youth in Princeton....so which is it, did they move around alot, or something?

: : : : In any of the YIJC, besides Curse of the jackal, does young Indy use a whip?

: : : : Thanks, Jack Shannon

: : :
: : : If I (semi) know Henry Jones, Sr. I would think that he would go all over the world "looking for his bits of junk" on the Grail Quest. Lucky, lucky Indy. If only I could be "dragged" to Petra Jordan...:-)
: : : Adventurously,
: : : Ulla

:
: : Well in the Young Indiana Jones young adult books, (which are set from 1912 - 1914) it says that Indy and his father moved to Utah for a short while before coming back to Princeton. Also the main gist of those books is that Henry Jones Sr. took little Henry on another little tour of the world, this time it was on a personal quest. The whole series features Mr. Jones looking for clues to the grail.
: : - Chaz

: Could you list some of the titles? I don't think I've seen those.

You bet! Heres the list of titles in chronolgical order of when they appear in indy's life! All of these are out of print btw :-(...if any one has an extra copy of YIJ and the Eye of the Tiget let me know!

# 9: YIJ and the Titanic Adventure
# 14: YIJ and the Pirates' Loot
# 10: YIJ and the Lost Gold of Durango
# 1: YIJ and the Plantation Treasure
# 2: YIJ and the Tomb of Terror
# 5: YIJ and the Princess of Peril
# 7: YIJ and the Ghostly Riders
# 3: YIJ and the Circle of Death
# 12: YIJ and the Journey to the Underworld
# 8: YIJ and the Curse of the Ruby Cross
# 6: YIJ and the Gypsy Revenge
# 4: YIJ and the Secret City