Re: 2 questions for bullwhip owners

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTB212-20.splitrock.net on October 07, 1999 at 20:56:13:

In Reply to: 2 questions for bullwhip owners posted by Satipo on October 07, 1999 at 02:16:17:

: 1) How realistic are the sound effects of the bullwhip in the movies? I love them because they sound really meaty - especially the sound when it moves through the air before it cracks (Raiders being the best source for these sounds, in my opinion).

: 2) Has anyone been in a position to compare a David Morgan and its Mark Allen equivalent? Is the Mark Allen an exact replica? At about a hundred dollars cheaper it seems an excellent bargain if it is.

: Many thanks,

: Satipo

Hi Satipo, Basically the others are right. The cracking sound in the movie is accurate to the sound of a real whip. Second there are differences between the David Morgan whip and The Mark Allen whip. As Patterson mentioned, the Turkshead knot is shaped slightly differently, and in my opinion the craftsmanship on the Morgan whip is a little more meticulous. As for the color of the hide, in both cases the natural tan color will differ slightly with the hides used, but they are going to darken over time anyway. According to Mark Allen, his whip also has a double plaited underbelly like the Morgan so in either case your getting a high quality whip. Hope this helps.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]