Re: Fedora's quote sucks. What the heck does it even mean?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on October 08, 1999 at 15:06:59:

In Reply to: Re: Fedora's quote sucks. What the heck does it even mean? posted by Michaelson on October 08, 1999 at 14:27:41:

: : On LC one quote that always bothered me was when Fedora said, "You lost today kid, but it doesn't mean ya have to like it." I always wondered the crap that meant! No body likes when they lose so how do you expect Indy to? Someone please explain. Well see ya's, Shorty.
: : "What's that supposed to mean?" -Marty, BTTF II.

: It pretty much means that as you get older you're not going to have everything go your way. A lot of folks just get complacent and accept a lot of garbage that happens, sort of the old "whatever will be will be" syndrone. He's pretty much saying bad things happen, but learn from this loss and don't allow yourself to be out foxed the next time. The old "fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me!" Shorty, you'll find this was really aimed at the older crowd, because as you go thorugh life, this quote will make more and more sense to you. Once you think about it, it was pretty good advice. Regards. Michaelson

I echo your sentiments, Michaelson.

Its not the cards you are dealt, it is what you do with them. Just because you get the short end of the stick is not excuse for rolling over.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: