Re: Indiana Jones and the Shield of Achilles

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Troy from 1Cust111.tnt1.chi5.da.uu.net on May 22, 1998 at 20:18:31:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and the Shield of Achilles posted by Rob Roy on May 22, 1998 at 13:14:45:

I was reading your entry and your suggestion about Knossos. It made got me thinking and
I remembered that one of the famous portraits of Alexander is found in the ruins
of Pompei, Italy. It details the battle of Gaugamela against the Persian
emperor Darius. It is possible that Indy's first clues could take him there. Much like Fate of Atlantis
took him to Crete. Maybe the shield fell into the hands of another great ruler after Alexander.
Cleopatra was one of the last Ptolemaic kings of Egypt (descendants of Alexander's general, Ptolemy),
and she was Greek. She would have known the whereabouts of Alexander's tomb. Wasn't it Ceaser that took Alexandria from Cleopatra
and his obstinate young leiutenant Antony. There is your next great ruler. The possibilities for a plausible
backround history would make for a solid Indy story -- not much fantasy but, real historic moments. That is
one of the things that made the trilogy and the chronicles great is because they were possible
from a historical standpoint with few exceptions.

Besides the title of the story is pretty good.

---Troy

"Kratisto"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: