Back from Disneyland!...and only to find two packages waiting for me...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp426.elkgrove.net on October 10, 1999 at 12:17:31:

I wound up borrowing my Dad's "newer reliable car" instead of driving my old beastly Camaro. The car broke down on the way, and my friend and I had to stay the night in this little town off the 5, in the middle of nowhere. We had to wait for a alternator. Our plans were destroyed with the stupid "newer car $270 alternator" I can get one for my old(74)Camaro for $50!(and I already have a spare to carry with me on trips) GGRRRRR! Anyway, we wound up going to DL yesterday instead. We were there from 9am to 12am. I got home at 9am this morning, after a 7+ hour drive. Yeah, do the math. Hehe. (DeWayne is a tired boy, and no, I didn't use crank or anything. Just a lot of Diet Coke. Caffinated!). "If you want to make God laugh, make plans." Oh well, all I can do is laugh along with him.
Moving on. Not much new in the Adventure Outpost. The newer jackets had two different kinds of leather. Some were made out of the rough, stiff leather I saw before. The others were made out of a nice, shiny, darker leather. They both had the same cut. Not very accurate. You can ask me for the specifics if you're interested. On another note, we went on the Temple of the Forbidden Eye ride 4 times. YEEEE-HAWWWW!!
When I got home this morning, the Noel Howard pants AND the Mark Allen whip were waiting for me! The pants fit well, and feel very comfortable so far(I gotta ask Mommy to finish them for me. Hehe.) They LOOK like the pants in the movie. It's hard to tell just how distinct they are until you have them in your hands(or on your legs). I'm very happy with them. Hip-hip-hooray! for Noel Howard. right guys? I'm going to email him just to tell him how much I, and we, appreciate all that he's doing for us.
The Mark Allen whip is georgous! It is very light in color, but I know it will darken with use and conditioning. From what you can see in the movies, it's a dead ringer of Indy's whip. That's what counts isn't it? Don't get me wrong. I love the authentic items, but for now, the M.A. whip does the trick for me. Hopefully, I'll still get a Morgan down the road some time. If I don't, that's ok. The M.A. whip is awesome!
Well, time to take a nap. See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]