Devil worshippers in Sabrina?! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mikal from spider-wc063.proxy.aol.com on October 11, 1999 at 06:29:12:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and the Hearts of No Particular Order posted by Thuggee Bear on October 10, 1999 at 20:45:55:

: I just saw Harrison Ford's third consecutive movie that features a plane crash and thought I would post about it.

: Ford is really good playing out of character here, as the obsessed, vulnerable guy that can't get on with his life. I do agree that the director should have toned-down or left out the bad cop subplot, which I don't believe was in the book.

: It's been suggested here that Ford doesn't play against type often enough. The trouble is, even when he does, the studio always tries to include action sequences for his character, whether they belong in the film or not. (I think I also remember hearing that Ford had to fight to tone-down the pirate scenes in Six Days...and let's not forget the devil-worshippers in Sabrina!)

: Anyway, there's an interesting attempt to tie-in the subplot, but ultimately, this movie would have been better if the focus had been left to the two main characters. Kristin Scott-Thomas was a really good choice to play opposite Ford, and her character has some of the best lines and ideas in the film. (Not to mention, now I have to commit adultery with a Congress-woman.)

: It's definitely not something you should go to expecting to see any Indy-ish scenes, and I think it would have been better if it had been edited down more, because it is paced a little too slowly. Still, it's an interesting film to add to Ford's filmography, and now he must do Indy 4.

:
: Rep: I don't think you should be left alone.
: Dutch: I was alone before you got here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]