Why does Lucas and Spielberg like to always do this...(long post)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from 1Cust234.tnt8.fort-lauderdale.fl.da.uu.net on October 11, 1999 at 11:24:11:

Has anyone noticed on SW and Indy that they always like to have either a close up of the person peering over a balcony or cliff etc. and then they turn to the over head view of the cliff? Or they would show the view from the cliff or balcony with a little of the cliff/balcony showing then they would move back to show the person looking over the cliff or just crawling into camera view. For example, in the Raiders when Indy is chasing the Nazi's on the horse(A few seconds after, the coolest stunt sequence ever performed by the actor!)and he gets dragged under the truck, etc. they show top view of the small mountain then he moves into view. They also show this similarly when he is saying, "Get us some transport to Ommar. Boat, plane, anything. I'm going after that truck!" The view of the camera is similar also. And when the Brit's are shooting down the Thuggee's at the end of ToD and when Maharajah is sticking the voodoo doll of Indy with a needle, they show that view also! And on LC they show quite a few views like that when Indy and Elsa are in the castle and he looks over the balcony and says "Nazi's, I hate these guys!". They also use that view when he is looking at the tank with the binoculars and when Henry and the gang are looking at the wreckage of the tank over the cliff. And on SW they show the same view when Luke is looking at the sand people/tusken's with his electro binoculars(HEY!! A similarity to LC!)and when him and Ben are looking at Mos Eisley on the peak of the mountain. And also on ROTJ when Han and the gang are spying on the Shield Generator. Hmmm, I wonder why Lucas and Spielvberg like using these views. You can tell it's also for suspense. It was just a good observation. Comments please. Well see ya's, Shorty.
"Well I'm glad you're here to tell us these things!" -Han, ESB.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]