Wow!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mikal C Johnson (KtCym SOCAE) from spider-tn022.proxy.aol.com on October 12, 1999 at 19:41:47:

In Reply to: Lost Book From Childhood posted by john whorfin on October 12, 1999 at 19:13:14:

If you're talking about the book I think you are... by the title specified below, you're correct in guessing turn of the century as a publication date.
It's something I'd love to have for my son, too.
Unfortunately, unless you come across someone who has it but has no idea what they've got, or you find a privately done reprint, your best alternative would be the Boy Scout's manual (which can be purchased through JCPenny).
If you do find affordable copies, let me know!

: Please help! I an looking for a book I read as a young boy and I can not find. I believe it was called the American Boy's Handbook or something close to that title. It detailed building rafts, forts, crossbows, all the things a young boy should be learning instead of sitting in front of the TV. I want to instill this knowledge to my children but I can not find the book. This book was very old when I read it. It was probably written around the turn of the century. I seem to think it was written by Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scouts. I have checked Amazon.com amd Barnes&Noble and have found nothing. Please help me!

: John Whorfin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]