Caveat on the picture, and a post script to Abner on Wested matters...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on October 13, 1999 at 08:02:38:

In Reply to: Akubra Picture Here posted by Abner on October 12, 1999 at 21:31:50:

: Here is the Akubra picture that was emailed to us at Indygear. The color seems to be a bit light, but the shape looks nice!

: Images are posted to the forum by placing their URL in the "Image URL" Box when posting a message. You must have the image residing on a server somewhere on the net. Simply post the URL, in this case "http://www.indygear.com/akubra1.jpg" and voila.

: Cheers,
: Abner

The one picture I was able to get out yesterday was pretty poor. The color of the hat was pretty much washed-out in the picture. Although it is definitely lighter then a sable Nostalgia, for example, it has a deeper, more golden tone then the picture depicts.

As I said, more to come...

Cheers!

Patterson

PS - Abner, I will also forward a few pics of my predistressed LC Wested. I've regularly (monthly) been treating with Pecard. It has done wonders to maintain the finish. Also, I had Peter make some modifications I would recommend:

1.) Leather facings on the inside of the collar and on the inside of the zipper.
2.) Zipper on the inside pocket. Helps retain the shape of the pocket if you use it regularly.

Peter may shoot me for saying it, but he didn't charge me anything for the modifications. Possibly becasue I already was paying £15 for sizing (48 regular).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]