Re: I.J. & the Secret of the Sphinx Questions (LONG)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mikal from spider-tq074.proxy.aol.com on October 13, 1999 at 18:20:28:

In Reply to: I.J. & the Secret of the Sphinx Questions (LONG) posted by Gregg on October 13, 1999 at 12:45:38:

: 1. Was there anything cut from the novel? If so, does anyone know what was removed?

Probably, but I don't know what. It sure feels like something is missing.

: 2. Who is the professor that Indy talks to at the end of the novel? I am sure of who it is SUPPOSED to be, but would that professor at Princeton (at that time) be historically accurate?

I agree that it's probably Einstein, but as for accuracy...

: 3. Did anyone notice that Indy states in the novel that he was never married? Were these books "approved" by Lucas as part of the official Jones timeline and if so does anyone know why Deirdre wasn't mentioned?

As I recall, Indy's memories of Deirdre were wiped at the end of Seven Veils, but I may be remembering wrong.

: 4. Did I miss something about the characters aging unnaturally in the novel - specifically Faye and Indiana?

Thank you. I've raised that question a few times and gotten nothing.

: 5. McCoy tells the reader that he is passing the (I think) "hat and whip" at the end of the book. Does this mean that the book series is being handed to another author? Are there plans for future books?

From what Sean "Nick Kismet" Dodge tells me, Bantam has put a hold on the series.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]