A suggestion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 14, 1999 at 15:04:20:

In Reply to: Lost Book From Childhood posted by john whorfin on October 12, 1999 at 19:13:14:

: Please help! I an looking for a book I read as a young boy and I can not find. I believe it was called the American Boy's Handbook or something close to that title. It detailed building rafts, forts, crossbows, all the things a young boy should be learning instead of sitting in front of the TV. I want to instill this knowledge to my children but I can not find the book. This book was very old when I read it. It was probably written around the turn of the century. I seem to think it was written by Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scouts. I have checked Amazon.com amd Barnes&Noble and have found nothing. Please help me!

: John Whorfin

If you'd like to check out a neat alternative, look into picking up Grolier's "Book of Knowledge" series that dates back to the turn of the century. They offered a set of books every year, up to and including this year. I've been picking one here and there dating back to 1918 and going up through the late 1950's. They carry items in no particular order in each book (though each book is indexed in the final volume of that particular years set) that give all kinds of projects for kids to do, as well as items for adults to read too! A really neat series of books that are actual time capsules of history as well considering a lot of the subjects are listed current events. You can find them through eBay as a source, or in just about any old book store. Good hunting! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]