Re: About the alternative chapter 6...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben, friend of Indy from integrityonline30.com on May 24, 1998 at 12:37:39:

In Reply to: About the alternative chapter 6... posted by Aaron on May 17, 1998 at 07:52:17:

: : Mr. Ram,
: : It would please me so much if we refrained from cussing in the novel. I do not like to curse, I never have. So please stop it! In chapter 6, you used quite a lot. Even if Indy does it in the movies, please don't do it. I might even write an alternative chapter 6.
: : Toht

: Yeah, please cut out the swearing. As a matter of fact, in Indy and the Hollow Earth it says that Indy doesn't swear in intense situations [usually!] because he believes it matters when your life is over...

: And also, about Indy and Clarence's falling out--they're pretty good friends [also see Hollow Earth], and I think the only way that Clarence could do that is if he were drunk--really drunk, which he often gets.

: But now with my preaching behavior, I'm starting to sound like Mack, so if you want, you can do whatever you please with the story--after all, the Forum Novel's story is completely open-ended at all times [not crippled by days of extensive research and a fixed plot, Mack!]. But please, still try to cut out the swearing!

: ~Aaron: One Who Is Getting Real Sick of Mack

Aaron, swearing is not bad (most of the time). The only times that swearing is bad is when people don't mean it or don't know it. My mom told me that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]