Train footage

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 18, 1999 at 08:37:08:

In Reply to: Re: Spring Break Adventure posted by Micah on October 18, 1999 at 06:57:04:

: I don't have any answers to your questions, but I saw the episode.

: I'm a bit disappointed that they slapped these two episodes together and called
: them Spring Break Adventure. Heck, the title only applies to the second half of the show.

:
: I didn't like the first half, especially all the goofy slapstick in the barn.
: The River Phoenix Indy was prone to some missteps like in the jumping on the horse
: scene, but this episode makes Indy look like a clown.

: The second half, however, was great. The train-crashing scene was spectacular.
: I particularly liked the whole chick speech from the old Mexican. It's sad and
: funny at the same time. Indy holding his chin as he's about to use it was a
: nice touch. I guess he's still a little whip-shy. He'll get over it.

: They really should have left this episode together with the original younger Indy
: part that will now be part of My First Adventure. They make a lot more sense
: together as Curse of the Jackal. It's especially confusing for those who missed
: the Chronicles the first time around. You can't even watch the younger Indy episode
: because it won't be released in the first round. You're seeing the conclusion
: before you have a chance to see the setup.

: BTW, where was the new footage? I saw these episodes when they originally aired, but nothing really jumped out at me. Although it was a long time ago, so my memories of it have faded a bit.

: --Micah

The majority of the train scene, especially the crash, came from the Gregory Peck movie "Old Gringo". They've wrecked that poor train in a least a half dozen made for TV movies after that film came out. With Lucas's bend to create new footage, this aways surprised me that he used stock footage, even though I don't know how he could have improved on it. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]