Re: I need a whip. Please respond.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTB208-40.splitrock.net on October 18, 1999 at 15:22:46:

In Reply to: I need a whip. Please respond. posted by brandons on October 18, 1999 at 13:48:38:

: I am interested in buying a whip. I would like a real good one, pretty close to the one from the movies. I would also like to learn how to use it. Please help.

Brandon, Check out David Morgan’s company or Mark Allen Productions for an assortment of whips. David Morgan made the bullwhips for the movie, and is still making them. Mark Allen has a good replica of the Indy bullwhip as well. Both David and Mark are highly respected whip suppliers and have an extensive selection of whips available. The quality ranges from good to excellent but unfortunately the high-end whips tend to be very costly, especially David Morgan’s production whips. They are however, worth it if your serious about the art. Both companies also sell books and videos on whips and whip cracking as well as additional supplies.

http://www.davidmorgan.com/CATALOGS/DM/dm58|catalog?1234567890123456789112426474

www.mark-allen.com

The U.S. Wings company at www.uswings.com/adventure.html have recently begun selling bullwhips and accessories too. They get most of them from Mark Allen, but they have a few others, so it might be worth checking out.

The is also a great deal of information on the Internet, too much to list here. I would highly recommend visiting the Bullwhip FAQ at www.bullwhip.org for information on the whips, whipcracking, and links to whipmakers, suppliers and other whip related resources. For more specific information about Indy’s bullwhip visit www.indygear.com and www.concentric.net/~Pentagon/diggs/

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]