New AND VERY FUNNY thing I just noticed in Raiders

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ...whiskey? from spider-wd021.proxy.aol.com on October 19, 1999 at 06:44:03:

Well, I've seen Raiders about 400 times (ok...maybe not quite 400..)
including in the theatres when it first came out and several times when it's run at local theatres since then and I just this morning noticed something that I just find hysterical.

It's in the scene where Indy shoots the Cairo swordsman (which is funny enough except that all I can think about is Harrison with the runs...)

Well, as soon as the swordsman drops...an arab from the crowd grabs his sword, holds it in the air and runs away triumphantly. I can't explain it but that struck me as really, really funny. I mean, the sword barely hits the ground. It seams to me a very "Simpsons"-esque sort of gag. (and I loves me them Simpsons)

Not sure how I missed this all those times...guess I was concentrating on Indy (and worried about Marion...though I have a feeling he might still save her)

Either way, it makes me very happy to know that I can still find something new in the film after all these years of watching!

Anyhow, thanks for reading
Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: