Colt Prices Skyrocketing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive920.dialup.mindspring.com on October 19, 1999 at 10:28:15:

Indeed as feared, the prices have risen quite a bit on Colt guns due to the recent announcement. A Colt AR-15 that was $1800 last month at the local gunstore is now $2600. Of course I have heard conflicting things about the announcement and there is a possibility that Colt will not discontinue ALL their consumer guns but only the unprofitable ones but then only time will tell. Perhaps the "panic buying" will settle down if this is true. I guess that's what happens when a company like Colt with a great American tradition is sold to Iraqis who couldn't care less about the Constitution. The main investor is also apparently a big campaign contributor to anti-gun candidates like Chuck Schumer of NY. It makes me worry because most of the big "American" gun companies are really foreign-owned. Let me just say that I have nothing against "foreigners" here- I just think on such a sensitive issue it would be good to have more domestic companies in this business that cared about more that the "bottom line". Ah well, I suppose this makes an old Webley or S&W M1917 a more appealling Indy alternative. Get 'em while you can.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: