Amazingly enough, I noticed that on my first time seeing Raiders! Yes, it's very funny! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from firewall-01.stfx.com on October 19, 1999 at 10:40:32:

In Reply to: New AND VERY FUNNY thing I just noticed in Raiders posted by ...whiskey? on October 19, 1999 at 06:44:03:

: Well, I've seen Raiders about 400 times (ok...maybe not quite 400..)
: including in the theatres when it first came out and several times when it's run at local theatres since then and I just this morning noticed something that I just find hysterical.

: It's in the scene where Indy shoots the Cairo swordsman (which is funny enough except that all I can think about is Harrison with the runs...)

: Well, as soon as the swordsman drops...an arab from the crowd grabs his sword, holds it in the air and runs away triumphantly. I can't explain it but that struck me as really, really funny. I mean, the sword barely hits the ground. It seams to me a very "Simpsons"-esque sort of gag. (and I loves me them Simpsons)

: Not sure how I missed this all those times...guess I was concentrating on Indy (and worried about Marion...though I have a feeling he might still save her)

: Either way, it makes me very happy to know that I can still find something new in the film after all these years of watching!

: Anyhow, thanks for reading
: Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: