Sorry to tell you this, but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on October 19, 1999 at 10:58:56:

In Reply to: Wested jacket linings posted by JustinB on October 19, 1999 at 10:19:07:

: I have witnessed a lot of debate on this subject recently. Really it comes down to your preference: cotton or satin.
: But I can say this for sure--the jacket Indiana Jones wears in The Last Crusade had a satin lining. There is at least one scene where the jacket filps up and the dark brown sheen of satin is 100% visible. I hope this answers some of the questions out there.

One thing you can nail Peter Botwright down on is that, unequivocally, the lining on the LC jacket was cotton.

Trying to pick this stuff out of the videos is fruitless. For a long time I thought for sure that the LC lining was satin. This belief was based on the scene where Indy and Henry are sitting at the crossroads. I swore you could see right inside the jacket, and that it was clearly satin. In fact, it appeared to be a light blue, rather then brown.

I asked Peter about this –I thought a light blue lining would look nice. His reply was that one could not really trust to such details, especially on a video.

MUCH editing is done to the lighting and shading. Cotton lining can in fact appear to be shiny. In fact, people who have examined my Wested LC closely have been surprised that the lining is cotton. From a relatively short distance, it can appear to be satin in the right light.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: