Indy's jacket fit

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h1-48-203.ispmodems.net on October 19, 1999 at 14:31:42:

Hi,

I talked to Justin B. through e-mail about the fit of my Wested, and thgought how the movie jackets fit Harrison Ford differently than my jacket fits me. The Temple jacket looks very short in the sleeves, and the length (considering that the jacket was longer than the Raiders). It also seemed much tighter than in the other two films. The Crusade jacket seems to be big in the shoulders in some scenes. I realize that there were many jackets used in each movie, but it is odd that the fit would vary so much, as Harrison Ford's size most likely stayed the same. Was he trading jackets with the stunt guys or what?

So, of those that have or will get a Wested, did you get it to fit you, or to fit like the movie jacket? Do you just like the style of jacket, or the style AND the fit? I thought about this when hearing about the MBA pants, buying them a size bigger to get the baggy look, etc..

I got my jacket to fit my measurements, I don't think I would've wanted to deal with making the size just small enough to replicate the movie look. I'm not built like Harrison Ford anyway.

Thanks,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: