Where did you purchase yours?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on October 20, 1999 at 17:32:42:

In Reply to: Interesting. posted by Michaelson on October 20, 1999 at 13:44:38:

: : : : Hi,

: : : : I just ordered a pair of Alden boots. They say that the sizes run 1/2 size large, has anyone here found that to be true? I have until tomorrow morning to modify the size order, can anyone help?

: : : : Thanks,

: : : : John D

: : : Sorry fellows, I can't agee with this....GET MEASURED BY A COMPETENT SHOE SALESMAN OR DOCTOR! You're about to invest around $170 (give or take) into a pair of the best shoes made. I know, I am currently sitting here wearing a pair. Don't mess around guessing what size you should be ordering. Find out your true and correct size, as you'll either be VERY disappointed and have to keep guessing at size, or you'll never know just how good these shoes really are if you're not actually wearing the correct size. I know, I did this. I had myself sized by a podiatrist before ordering, and found out I have been wearing the wrong shoe size for over 20 years!! I ordered what he sized me for, and I cannot tell you how comfortable these Aldens are. I would have never know if I hadn't decided to go have my feet measured. So I can't emphasize this loud enough, GET MEASURED BEFORE ORDERING!! You won't regret it. Regards. Michaelson

: : Getting measured goes without saying. BUT, Aldens will tell you to knock a half size off the shoe - at least they did for me. I was measured as an 11 1/2 D, and they recommended an 11 D. They fit perfect.

: : Michaelson is absolutely right. Get sized and talk to somebody at Alden's.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

: I did not experience the sizing that you did. I was measured, ordered my actual size from Alden's, and what I received fits me perfectly and comfortably. I did not reduce the size at all. Wonder why they do that, as you really don't need to. Interesting indeed. Regards. Michaelson

I ask because I've heard the half size issue mentioned by others. I ordered mine through the Alden shop in San Francisco. They do fit perfect - I would have too much room in the toe if I had 11 1/2's. Also could be a function of width? I wear a D - fairly common.

Oh, well. Who knows. Its been a LONG day. I'm outa here!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: