Okey-dok; + my Aldens

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leslie from pm3naxs14-190.naxs.com on October 20, 1999 at 21:42:28:

In Reply to: Alden Shoes - Size of Foot (in inches) posted by Andrew on October 20, 1999 at 19:14:34:

I got my Aldens about a month ago... no place had them in stock locally, so I had a shop order them for me.
The advice I regularly saw on various pages and was given when asked was the "order down a 1/2 size".
Although many of my older shoes that I still can wear are 10 1/2 D, they are rather snug; I now purchase and wear an 11 D instead.
It seems that given how close my foot is to the 10 1/2 - 11 boundary, I would definitely have ordered the 10 1/2, right?
Well, I mulled it over, and decided that I'd order the 11 since it is my regular size now, and that if it happened to be too loose, I could wear thicker socks or wear liner socks too or add an insert.
I must say now, if I had ordered a 10 1/2, I wouldn't have liked it.
The 11 D is comfortably snug: it offers LOTS of support, yet it is very comfortable; I could not have worn any smaller.

To answer your question, though, placing my foot on a yardstick it reads that my foot is 11 1/8 inches long.
My suggestion is that if you usually wear 10 1/2 or occasionally up to 11s, I would try the 10 1/2; if you wear 11s as much as you do 10 1/2, consider going up a bit more even.
I would also suggest ordering from the local shop so that you can have them look at it to help judge the size;
yes, I could have saved by mail-ordering instead of ordering from a local shop, but I felt the assistance with getting a proper fit was worth the extra cost.
I would at least check to see that the company from which you are considering mail-ordering would be glad to exchange sizes if you find that you are unhappy with the size you select.

Hope that helps....

Leslie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: