Re: "Secret of the Sphinx" update and question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk098144.res-hall.nwu.edu on May 25, 1998 at 16:39:47:

In Reply to: Re: "Secret of the Sphinx" update and question posted by Michaelson on May 25, 1998 at 13:43:46:

: The last posting I read regarding the last novel to be published by Bantam books, Secret of the Sphinx, has been on again, off again, with much discussion between. Our local book store has had no listing at all regarding this book title as recently as two weeks ago. The last posting I have read has been that the publication was off again. Unless I have missed a more recent posting regarding this, and I wouldn't be surprised if I had, is it back on track for publication? Did that make since this time? Regards. Michaelson

I'm still going by Max McCoy's information. According to him, though this was a few months ago, it was never "off." It's been complete for a while, but there are some problems between him and Lucasfilm about one time travel sequence. Lucas wants it out. So, presumably, he was going to rewrite that part. Bantam, meanwhile, is in no hurry to publish it, because they want to drag out the few holdovers from their agreement with Lucasfilm for as long as possible. Finally, having worked in bookstores for years, I can say that just because they didn't have a record of it at whatever store you asked at doesn't really mean anything. Usually, a bookstore will know about two months in advance, but with something delayed as long as Sphinx, there's really no telling. It could suddenly turn up tomorrow with no advance notice, or it could be solicited next month for release in late August. My guess is we'll see it by the end of the summer.
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]