Could be...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 22, 1999 at 09:42:48:

In Reply to: Re: No Webley Today! posted by Anejo Joe on October 22, 1999 at 08:35:02:

: : : Well, I thought I had a chance to get a Webley MkVI, but one guy kept bidding it up. When the cost hit $500, I gave up. I had visions of it resting in a NH holster and belt. Not this time! And Michaelson, you were right as usual. Ammo for a .455 is nearly impossible to find. And when you do, it is expensive! I did some checking with the local gun shops before I bid. My dealer could not find a listing to order it! I supppose he could have eventually. Even the ammo for my Webley MkIV in .38 S&W is not available at most stores. .38 special is everywhere, but not .38 S&W. I sure hate missing out on that Webley. It was one nice gun! I guess there are others who like the gun as much as Indy fans do.

: : It's a shame we don't live close, because I traded off my Webley MkIV years ago and have a bunch of .38 S&W you'd be more than welcome to. Oh well. Sorry about your miss on the Mark VI, but unless that particular one was 98% to mint, you definately bowed out at a good time. That's a riduculous price to pay for one, so he must have wanted it REAL bad. Regards. Michaelson

:
: It was definitely nice! A 1917 serial number, barrel like new, no dings or scratches! It was probably worth the money, but when you don't have the money, well ...

: You live in Tennessee, right? I live in north-west SC and frequently travel to western NC. Maybe, if you live somewhere near that area, I could work something out. I would certainly like to see what a real Wested look like! On the other hand, if you live near Memphis, not likely.

We'll have to hammer something out sometime off line. I'm south of Nashville but have a daugher at school in Knoxville, so I get over that way now again. Let's see how the holiday season rolls around, and go from there. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]