Andrew, Dewayne--Thanks

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h1-48-42.ispmodems.net on October 22, 1999 at 15:05:00:

In Reply to: Re: Got my Aldens posted by DeWayne on October 22, 1999 at 14:26:51:

: : Hi,

: : I got my Aldens about an hour ago. They fit great with the 1/2 size decrease recommended. I had my size taken at a shoe repair shop that does a lot of orthopedic shoe fittings, he confirmed that I wear a size 12, so I got the 11 1/2 Aldens and the size is perfect. The Aldens are actually about 1/4 inch longer than the boots I had been wearing, and they are a size 12. The color is a much lighter brown than I expected, the pics at Indygear show a much shinier, redder brown. Mine have a flatter, more brown than red color. The laces are a one step up from dark brown color. The other surprise is that these shoes are BIG. I always thought that they'd be more like a dress shoe than a workboot, but the sole is wide, the heel is wide and long, and the whole sole is thick. Very impressive, I like them more than I thought I would already.

: : One problem I have is that the left shoe high top is digging into the top of my heel/ bottom of my ankle a little bit. I've had this problem on other shoes, and sometimes it disappears, sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone else expieienced this?

: : Thanks,

: : John D

: Glad to hear you like them! Besides the holster and gunbelt, the Aldens are the only thing I need. Just to be sure about the sizing, I think I'll pick mine up in person. I know they have stores in Frisco and Carmel. I'm only a few hours drive from either place.

: I am pleased to hear that yours are not too shiny. And the discomfort problem you speak of, I've experienced it too. I got a pair of Sketchers hiking boots a few years back. They did the same thing to me until they got worn in.
: See ya! DeWayne

Thanks for the input. I too have had shoes that dig in until they've worn in some. I think that's what I'll have to do as the rest of the fit is great. I put in a set of new insoles I had, and it helped. I just hope it doesn't last too long.

Dewayne, as to picking them up in person, I called the shop a while ago to set up a time to come in and try some on. They said to call about a week in advance and they'd get in 3-4 pairs to try. I wish I would've had the time to drive up to San Francisco. I'm closer to the Carmel store, but the SF location seemed more knowledgeable (and willing). If I remember correctly, California Jones got his Aldens at the SF store.

Thanks again,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: