Re: YOU WENT TO FILM SCHOOL!?!?!?!?!?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrea from cx959568-a.santab1.ca.home.com on October 24, 1999 at 14:23:57:

In Reply to: YOU WENT TO FILM SCHOOL!?!?!?!?!? posted by Short Round on October 23, 1999 at 14:14:42:

: COOL! How old were ya when ya went? I'm thinking of movin' to calif when I'm eighteen or after college and goin' to film school! I wanna be the writer/director type like Lucas. Well see ya's, Shorty.
: "You know, once you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything." -Marty, BTTF.

I got into the UCLA undergraduate film program (currently ranked number 1 undergraduate film school in the world) when I was 19; most admitted into the program are at least 21. It is an extremely competetive program. I went to community college right after high school for 2 years and transferred with a 4.0 GPA and honors courses behind me.

But I never thought I would get admitted into the program. In fact, I was planning to go into Research Psychology instead. Making plans to go elsewhere is very important; and not to get your heart set on one particular film school. Anyway, hope that helps!

Cheers!
Andrea

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: