what people think of him and what cultural impact he made

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from spider-tr073.proxy.aol.com on October 24, 1999 at 16:46:03:

When people think of Indiana Jones, people think of a giant boulder and a kart ride. It seems to me that Indiana Jones is trapped in South America 1936 forever. I have seen manny cartoons when I was young and noticed many Indy inspired things. Ind Beattle Juice, there was Indiana Bones,(I hated that show)In muppet Babies, Indiana frog, Doug,Race canyon,and the new rugrats movie. Even on by brother's favorate show, Pokemon. But I think the germ of this all is that the kids will see this and not know wear it came from. I also feel that the cartoonists are "stealing" Ideas and cant make their own. But Tiny toon adventures was ok because it is made by steve spielburg. Muppet babies too because it talked about Indiana Jones allot. I feel that Indy has become Tarzan with a leather jacket. When ever I had a friend over to watch indy, "whear is the boulder" discussion always came up, and "but I dont like jungle movies". I have noticed if a movie is made fun of or poked at, it was a good movie. Forest Gump with "run forest run". I thought it was a real dramatic and touching scene. "If you want to believe that Im sort of whip wielding monster, then fine"- Indy in Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth. Reggie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]