Amen to that

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Katanga from nettle.uniface.nl on October 25, 1999 at 09:09:59:

In Reply to: My millionth post hyping widescreen! (Don't read if you like pan n' scan) posted by DeWayne on October 24, 1999 at 20:12:57:

Good argument!

I've been preaching the widescreen gospel for years now, some people just don't understand how much is lost in the transition to the small
screen. my local Virgin Megastore (Cardiff) plays the same movie simultaniously in widescreen on one tv and panned and scanned on another. I sometimes feel like taking people there who just don't get it and making them watch to see how big the difference is.

you must have come across the folk who insist that "everything is too small to see" or the classic "but those big black lines are covering up the top and bottom of the screen!!".

I told some guys at work that I was going to watch Raiders in the cinema (when Londons main arthouse cinema the National Film Theatre, last showed it). they said "whats the point when you have it on video?". its lucky I'm not a violent man!! :o)

keep on trucking

ben

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: