Young?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 25, 1999 at 10:17:39:

In Reply to: Re: Temple of Doom posted by Steve on October 25, 1999 at 09:58:34:

: : Okay you ToD freaks... I never said I didn't like the movie. It just isn't one of my favorites.

: : Primarily, it is an Indy movie, so I like it for that.
: : And despite the gross-out factor, it does have it's Disney-like moments.

: : But everyone, please observe the people who defend this movie as "the greatest" Indy film. We get such well thought out arguments as, "ToD ROCKS!!!!!" and "ToD RULES!!!!!"

: : Okay, so, rock and rule. It sounds like those stoner punks I avoided all through high school in the eighties.

: : I think Indy deserve better defense than that, even for what I consider my least favorite of the movies.

:
: Yes, perhaps this movie does deserve more of a defense than was given. At the same time it is understandable why many of our younger Indy fans really like this one. They can readily identify with Short Round. I think the response you mention is no more than youthful exubrience(sp?) Oh, to be young again! Michaelson, do you feel like I do, in the feeling that "youth is wasted on the young"? Steve

Steve, some days I do, other days I wouldn't relive it on a bet. Took me 40+ years to get this far, why go back? (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]