Re: "Mystery" of the Sphinx

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.170 on May 26, 1998 at 14:25:10:

In Reply to: "Mystery" of the Sphinx posted by Hunter on May 26, 1998 at 14:05:56:

: A couple weeks ago I posted that the Max McCoy book "Secret of the Sphinx" had been cancelled. After reading a few of the posts below I decided I would check one more time just for good measure and guess what I found out this time... As of this morning Bantam says the Indy book is in "planning." What does that mean? I don't know and neither did the nice lady on the other end of the phone. If anyone out there knows what "planning" is, fill us all in, I for one would like to see this mystery solved once and for all.

I work for a publisher and for us, planning would mean deciding on when to schedule the title for release. Take into account that this date is dictated by when we schedule it to go to the printers. Usually we schedule this to occur 6-9 months down the road, with the actual on-sale date anywhere from 1 to 3 months after that. Solicitation of the title to bookstore and chain buyers would probably occur sometime during the latter part of the printing window. I'd say, considering who the publisher is, it could come out around Christmas time, as Bantam probably has pretty quick turnaround time compared to most publishers.

Who knows though. If "planning" took place at the beginning of the year, we could see the finished product by September. Cross your fingers.
walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]