Sure.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 25, 1999 at 12:22:04:

In Reply to: Anybody want to talk about holsters? posted by Patterson on October 25, 1999 at 11:55:32:

: OK, I'm not a gun person. I've read the second amendment, but I want to stick to the REAL issue, at least in my mind - What holster should I get for my Indy costume?

: Actually, I've already ordered the IMA reproduction of the Webley .455 WWI holster. Then I went and read the FAQ in IndyGear on the guns - great work Michaelson! I may someday get a gun to put in it - nothing that needs to be functional, just for looks. I'm wondering if I bought the right holster.

: Have I bought a holster that will be too big for one of the S&W 27/28's?

: Has anybody out there bought one of the IMA Webley holsters? What do you think of it?

: Cheers!

: Patterson

The holster will not be to big for either of the Smith models that you mention, but it will definately be to long/deep, as the Smith has a 4 inch barrel, the Webley has a 6 inch barrel. I had my holster made by El Paso Saddlery in El Paso Texas back in 1982. They currently run about $85 now, but are form fit to specific revolver models. Thanks for the kind remarks on the FAQ. I was on a roll that day. Indiana John asked the right questions. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]