Re: On this topic...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 25, 1999 at 12:59:05:

In Reply to: On this topic... posted by Christopher on October 25, 1999 at 12:46:50:

: Michaelson,

: Sorry to slightly change the subject but I was wondering if the Model 10 S&W with a 5" barrel (not the heavy barrel) would be a good choice for an Indy revolver.

: Thanks,

: Chris

I personally like the model 10, though it is a K frame where the Smith that Indy carried was the large N frame, it does have the "profile" of the big Smith. Starting out as early as I did in this hobby, we made do with what we could figure out. Therefore not being a true "purist" in any form on what an Indyfan can get together their gear, I would say that the "skinny" barreled version of the model 10 would do just fine for you if that is what you can get hold of. I also agree that the 5 inch would probably give a better "look" in terms of dimensions than the 4 inch would too. And should the time come that you can move up to an N-frame, that model 10 will make real good trading stock for you too, as they are very popular with the gun crowd. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]