Re: Temple of Doom

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-028.inetnebr.com on October 25, 1999 at 15:43:42:

In Reply to: Temple of Doom posted by Mikal C Johnson (KtCym SOCAE) on October 25, 1999 at 06:38:43:

Perhaps I should have said a bit more when I posted my message the other day. As Brett (Maverick) Lambert said in the post right below this one, Temple of Doom is cool for it's shifts from light-heartedness to darkness, back and forth. That really appeals to me. It's to be found in the other films too, of course, but not to the wonderful extreme of "Temple". Also, there's the action. All throughout "Temple of Doom", it's non-stop. Literally. More cliffhangers, more narrow escapes, more edge-of-your-seat moments. Another thing that I like about it.

Thirdly, there's Indy himself. I've said this before, but I'll say it again now. In "Temple of Doom", he's on his own. It's up to him to be the hero, alone in a strange and exotic land, surrounded on all sides by the enemy. Against higher odds than in either of the other films, he still wins.

Fourthly, the musical score by John Williams is AWESOME!!!! The best music in the entire Indy trilogy is to be found in this film.

Just my opinions.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: