Re: Temple of Doom

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp400.elkgrove.net on October 26, 1999 at 01:41:48:

In Reply to: Temple of Doom posted by Mikal C Johnson (KtCym SOCAE) on October 25, 1999 at 06:38:43:

: Okay you ToD freaks... I never said I didn't like the movie. It just isn't one of my favorites.

: Primarily, it is an Indy movie, so I like it for that.
: And despite the gross-out factor, it does have it's Disney-like moments.

: But everyone, please observe the people who defend this movie as "the greatest" Indy film. We get such well thought out arguments as, "ToD ROCKS!!!!!" and "ToD RULES!!!!!"

: Okay, so, rock and rule. It sounds like those stoner punks I avoided all through high school in the eighties.

: I think Indy deserve better defense than that, even for what I consider my least favorite of the movies.

As I've said before, I love all the Indy movies. I love ToD just because it's kinda silly. It feels the most like the old "serials" to me. The last half-hour or so is set at such a break neck pace that I feel kind of exhausted myself after watching it.

Also, I do think Mola Ram is a cool villian. I don't think he was meant to match wits with Indy. He just doesn't come off as a very cerebral character. He and his thugees are more of a physical threat. In this case, He is a worthy opponent for Indy. Honestly, which of all the Indy villians would you LEAST LIKE to be stuck in an elevator with?! (I would MOST LIKE to be stuck with Elsa! OOWWWWW!) Anyway, he's fun to watch too. All of those insane facial expressions. Well, just my two cents.
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]