I should probably stay out of this one but I can't.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on October 26, 1999 at 04:33:33:

In Reply to: Temple of Doom posted by Mikal C Johnson (KtCym SOCAE) on October 25, 1999 at 06:38:43:

Even though someone on this site called me a dickweed for daring to voice my disappointment with the last two Indy films I can't help but comment.
I'm not going to go into why I don't much like "Temple of Doom" since I've already posted all the reasons on the site in earlier posts.
But I must say that it is the attitude of fanboys who latch onto the opinion that anything Indy is sacred and that Lucas, Spielberg and Ford are above reproach that causes these men to drop the ball when it comes to sequels. If we let them know that we'll accept anything they put out there as long as it has the name Indiana Jones plastered on it then we give them no motivation to come up with quality work.
I actually hope that Lucas and company don't come here looking for insight into what we fans want in Indy IV. If they do they might get the impression that any dreck they put out there is okay with us.
I'd like nothing better than to see Indy IV become the best Indy film of them all even surpassing the masterpiece that is "Raiders." but by going by the last two films I don't hold out too much hope that it'll be anything more than just okay.
As far as my critisizing Lucas, Spielberg and Ford. I'm not shedding any tears over them. If three of the biggest filmmakers in history can't stand up to a little criticism from some nobody like me then they have no business in this industry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]