Hummmm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 26, 1999 at 11:22:53:

In Reply to: Too popular... posted by Micah on October 26, 1999 at 11:17:00:

: : After a long day at the mall I came home and as I was going to indyfan.com it said that "This page was just a little too popular today" and I couldn't get in unless I shut my computer off and turned it back on (Which worked). How could it have been over populated?

: My web serving ISP has a download limit over a 24 hour period. Yesterday evening it was exceeded a few times. This sort of thing has only happened a couple of times before, usually when I get a link from some big site. This time there was no specific event to point to as the reason. I guess just we're getting more sustained traffic. I'm going to have to shop around for a web service with higher limits without too much of an increase in cost.

: BTW, shutting your computer down had nothing to do with the change. You just happened to do it about when an even hour mark passed and the access stats were recalculated.

: Sorry for all the technical stuff, but you asked...

: --Micah

I'm kinda with Shorty here....I thought if I just gave my computer tower a good swift kick, the forum would reset. Guess not, huh? (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]