Thanks, George!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-216-78-22-212.cae.bellsouth.net on October 27, 1999 at 19:22:24:

North America 1984

The Paramount logo appears and slowly dissolves into a woman's hat. She has rudely worn it to the cinema. The camera pulls back and we see a figure several rows back, eating his weight in popcorn. As the film begins to cast its light, the figure takes shape. He is a small bear, apparently attired in the garb of the Thuggee. His eyes begin to glaze...soon he will become a true believer...

Since I don't think anyone's said it yet, I just thought I would thank Lucas and his employees for doing such an excellent job with the remasters.

I've just finished watching the new Temple of Doom, and I am really impressed with the whole thing. Compared to my other copies of the film, it is quite an improvement. Since the copy that I've been watching all these years is from 86, when it was first released, (I've never opened the original box set), you can imagine how much brighter this new version appears to me.

It's not just the films that impress me, though, but the level of care that seems to have gone into the project. From the design of the boxset, and the comic-style covers of the Young Indy videos, to the small details like being able to keep the continuity with the red or yellow box sides. (As Micah pointed out earlier.)

Overall, I really hope we get Indy IV soon, as I love having all this new Indy stuff to buy!

In other words, F*CK the Raiders name change argument! Indy's back!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]