Borrowed scenes from Trenches of Hell. [Spoilers, sort of]

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the Fiddler from sprintcache3.micron.net on October 27, 1999 at 21:39:50:

I just watched 'Trenches of Hell' today after I bought it and noticed some things that seem very 'borrowed.' Don't get me wrong I love the show, I just noticed how closely two scenes, from the second half of 'Trenches of Hell' resembled scenes in another, quite famous, war movie.

The first scene is when a french officer purposly drops his ball so it will roll into an obviously marked area so he can get a better look at the fence and such.
Now where have we seen this before... hmmm.... I know, it was Steve McQeen in the classic: 'The Great Escape.'

The next scene comes as Indy, his buddy from the Belgian army (not Remy) and the same officer who dropped the ball, are trying to dig the last length of tunnel under the fences, out of the prison camp. In this scene, they are not using supports in this part of the tunnel and it caves in on them, Indy pulls the officer from the dirt and they continue digging.
Where I remember seeing this scene first was... you guessed it: 'The Great Escape,' in which I beleive it was Charles Bronson who was burried, or pulled someone else out after that other person got buried.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]