Sounds like a Mardi Gra.(NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from 1Cust75.tnt4.fort-lauderdale.fl.da.uu.net on October 28, 1999 at 11:07:36:

In Reply to: The blood...THE BLOOD! (Young Indy spoilers - BEWARE!) posted by walker on October 28, 1999 at 09:21:39:

: Included in this message are spoilers about the Young Indy episode "Masks of Evil". Please stop reading if you don't want to know about it yet.

: It's pretty clear why ABC never aired this particular episode (at least the latter half), even though I'm sure it would have pulled in big ratings. It is extremely violent. I was surprised - although not upset, don't get me wrong. I don't think I've ever seen so much blood in a NETWORK TV show essentially aimed at the youth audience. It really made the story much more intense than I was expecting. And I was happy about that.

: I expected the Dracula legend to be treated like an old Scooby Doo episode, with lots of mysterious goings on, but no real horror.
: Boy was I wrong. Let's see, there were about a dozen fresh corpses impaled on stakes, a pool of blood oozing through the ceiling, severed body parts, a vivisection (which, although its only seen through a filmy curtain, has blood spraying everywhere), stakes through the heart, gruesome scars and about a dozen of the walking dead.

: Although sometimes the story didn't make much sense (Dracula has the power to super heat and freeze things? He controls little flying balls of electricity? What's that all about?), I still found it to be pretty cool. If you haven't yet purchased this particular Young Indy tape, it's worth checking out (even if the first half is only so-so). You can get them at Wal-Mart for 9.95 each. Not a bad price really.

: walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]