Great Idea!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jack Shannon from sprintcache3.micron.net on October 28, 1999 at 22:24:50:

In Reply to: New "older" Young Indy stories posted by Beowulf on October 28, 1999 at 18:19:39:

Im all for it!! I think those years of his life would be is most interesting. That would almost be better than a new movie!!

Jack Shannon <><
: How cool would it be to do some more "Young" Indy TV movies with SPF to fill in the years between 1920 and 1935? (Yeah, I know the guy is almost the same age in real life as Indy was supposed to be in Temple of Doom, but he still looks a lot younger than Harrison Ford did in the movies). It would be neat to see how he first met Belloq and Marion. I know this period has been covered by the novels, but neither of these two incidents were covered (Belloq was in one of the novels, but Indy had already met him). Also, the Rob MacGregor books were written before the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was conceived and contradict it in many places (such as teh year he graduates in the first one). Seeing how Lucas likes to constantly go back and tinker with his babies (the extra footage shot to make 2 hour movies out of all of the Young Indy eps is a great example) maybe he will decide to do this. Especially if the video releases stir up enough renewed interest that when (if) the fourth movie premieres there is a big craving for more Indy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]