Re: Webley Questions!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 29, 1999 at 08:37:44:

In Reply to: Re: Webley Questions! posted by Abner on October 29, 1999 at 08:30:42:

: : Michaelson, or anyone else:

: : I just put a downpayment on a Webley MKVI at the local gun shop. It's going to cost me $260 (including the money I already put down), and while I'm as excited as hell about it, I'm wondering: that amount of money is quite a bit less than I've heard other Webleys have gone for...is there anything I should be wary of?

: : It LOOKS fantastic. They said the old guy who owned it died, recently (in Florida, this happens all the time!) and his wife sold all his guns to them. But, how can I be sure that the gun shop didn't just clean it up, real nice? If the .455 ammo is as scarce as I'm hearing (I haven't checked into it, yet), there's little chance that I could 'drive it around the block'.

: : And, assuming the thing is definitely in the tip-top shape it seems to be, would you say that I'm getting a pretty square deal on it? I know it's tough to say, since you can't see it, but any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

: : John

:
: I see Webleys selling for $300 and up easily, even over $500 if a highly collectable piece, so if the condition is as good as you say that is a great price. I suppose it depends on the year of mfg, if the original finish is there or if it has been reblued, or if the numbers match, among other things. But it sounds like a good deal to me. I wouldn't mind paying that price! (Although I may personally prefer the .45 conversion if I would actually shoot it just for the availability of ammo, but then that is not as collectable as the orginal .455)

: Cheers,
: Abner

I can't add much more to whwat Abner said, but that it's interesting how these MkVI's keep showing up in Florida gun and pawn shops consistantly, and at about that price! Sounds to me like you're in good shape, regardless of shootability, as they tend to have a pretty good trade in value in the right circles. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]