Re: Webley Questions!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shade from spider-tm081.proxy.aol.com on October 29, 1999 at 12:45:58:

In Reply to: Re: Webley Questions! posted by Michaelson on October 29, 1999 at 08:37:44:

Well, I think it's because we have so many elderly people, here in FL, many of whom were in WW2, or are children of people that had been in WW1, who don't want them around, anymore. And, they all take fantastic of care of their belongings, so I guess guns are no exception. Then, when someone croaks, the guns go ronin, and then whippersnappers like me buy them. I've seen some unbelievable antique weapons for sale, down here. In fact, my uncle, who was in the Korean War, has a whole room full of weapons from the era (and some from before and after). Pistols, rifles, grenades, knives. I'd love to get my hands on that stuff!

Anyway. I need to go back in and do those tests and check the serial numbers, but either way, it sounds like I'm in luck. Thanks, everyone, for all the help! I'll let you know what happens!

Shade

: I can't add much more to whwat Abner said, but that it's interesting how these MkVI's keep showing up in Florida gun and pawn shops consistantly, and at about that price! Sounds to me like you're in good shape, regardless of shootability, as they tend to have a pretty good trade in value in the right circles. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]