Re: New Poll: Are the Young Indy videos better in thier new form or old? [nm]

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beowulf from FPARK-244-106.usae.bah.com on October 29, 1999 at 14:12:49:

In Reply to: New Poll: Are the Young Indy videos better in thier new form or old? [nm] posted by the Fiddler on October 29, 1999 at 08:01:28:

: Well answer the poll.

I'm mixed on this. I think as a complete set, they are better to view in the movei format (you also get footage that does not exist in the individual eps), however, you also lose all of the "Old Indy" bits. The majority of these were pretty lame, but some of them such as teh bookends for the London 1916 epsiode (where he meets up again with Vicky in the present) were good. Others were kind of funny (the bookends for the two Chicago eps which were replaced with Harrison Ford bookends in the US were pretty funny). Also, in the individual ones you usually learn a bit more of what happened since to the historical people in the ep (like the baby from the German East Africa/Congo eps).

On the whole, though, I am VERY impressed with the movie versions. I'm still waiting to see how the newly shot footage with Corey Carrier is going to mesh with teh original footage - especially in the "My First Adventure" movie. I mean 4 years of aging may not have done much to change Sean Patrick Flanery, but I can't imagin that 4 years of aging on Corey Carrier won't be extremely noticable....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]