New Videos - Bought All, SAME locals & Errors

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul D from proxy2-external.pr1.on.home.com on October 30, 1999 at 00:53:00:

Hi gang.

I bought all 12 of the videos on the 26th for $137 (here in Canada).
I've already seen some differences in just 2 of the 3 that I have watched versus what they were like when aired on TV (which was very briefly by ABC in 1992).

The one thing that bothers me about these interviews is the "claim" that all these features were filmed on-site. For example, Mystery of the Blues was shot in Chicago, while Scandal of 1920 (not released, but I did have it taped from TV) was supposed to be done in New York.

Anyone else ever watched those two episodes? It has a number of the SAME locations! Just look at the Theatre back-door entrance (Scandal), versus the Restaurant back-door (Blues). Its the SAME place! And again, its the same place in Scandal when Indy is going to the Park Avenue girlfriend as when he does a meeting with Ness and Ernie in the Blues in a night scene. And THEN.. the Blues Warehouse section is the SAME as the Warehouse area shown in Spring Break Adventures!

On the other hand, the new videos also have distince changes from the TV-aired showings. Example - the TV version of Adventures in the Secret Service had a book end with old Indy in a museum speaking to the Currator. The video does not have that. A negative change I think.

Music scores are also different in various places.

AND.. there is an error in the plot lines!
In Spring Break Adventures, Indy first meets Remmy through joining the Pancho Villa revolutionaries. Remmy tells Indy that he is there because of REVENGE.. because the "Federalas" kllled his wife and took away his Cantina. Yet in later chapters, ie: Phantom Train of Doom, he regularly whines when in life-and-death danger, "Think of my wife and poor children without their father!" What gives??

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]