Re: Young Indiana Jones

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul Slattery from SHOKB610-43.splitrock.net on October 30, 1999 at 12:31:17:

In Reply to: Young Indiana Jones posted by Martin Kulp on October 30, 1999 at 12:19:50:

I really didn't mind the packaging. That's a marketting strategy and I think it does bring them all under a cohesive structure this way. It honors the Young Indy series as part of the mainstream. I also liked Adrian Edmonson in the episode and think you are seeing things in his performance that weren't there simply because you're used to him as another character. As for the natives speaking in ebonics and acting out Boys N Da Hood, that bothered me too. Thank goodness they had the integrity not to have them start rapping and slamming out gangsta slogans. Not really appropriate for the South Pacific in 1919. After such a wonderful and compassionate portrait in Ogana The Giver and Taker of Life, I was shocked at this blatant portrait of black people in Peacock's Eye. The urban slang gibberish was offensive.

: What the heck is with that episode of Young Indiana Jones that comes with the movie package? It's called Treasure of the Peacock's Eye. The main villian is Adrian Edmonson of the Young Ones and Dangerous Brothers. He's all like "You are Indiana Dangerous and I am Sir Adrian Dangerous and we are... The Dangerous Brotheirs". What? Whatever happened to cool villians like Belloq? And why are there black people speaking ebonics? And why does that boat of these self same black people float up, kill a kid, and float away? Is this supposed to be the world's first drive-by? Did Spike Lee write this? Indy Gump N Da Hood? Then, when the fat guy wants to persist in finding the diamond, Indy acts all mature and whimps out. This is Indy? This is "Don't call me Junior?" What? Do you guys like this tripe? And why does Captain Revisionsist George Lucas have to go and package the orininal master piece as "INDIANA JONES AND the Raiders of the Lost Ark" and call it "Episode 24" or whatever. This is crud.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]