Re: Great Idea!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by beowulf from pool-207-205-163-95.nwrk.grid.net on October 30, 1999 at 17:36:59:

In Reply to: Re: Great Idea!! posted by Chaz on October 29, 1999 at 20:46:26:

I think the best storylines, as you said, in these "inbewteen" years center around Indy, Abner & Marion. While I liked the historical aspects of TYIJC, I'd rather like to see these stories steer away from it and move more towards pure action/adventure like the movies in order to better bridge the gap. Hopefully the 4th movie will generate enough renewed interest in Indy to warrant a series of TV movies...

: Yeah I definately love this idea! I had thought about this before actually. The character of Indiana Jones is definately much different in Temple of Doom, then when we last left him in Hollywood Follies. In my opinion, a series of say 10 - 15 new 2 hour tv-movies would be great. And I'm sure Lucas would be all over it, if they had an educational spin. After all, Lucas said they were a "Labor of Love" to do. And there are so many potential stories to do. Although i love the novels, i really wouldn;t mind if they got contradicted by this tv series. Maybe if they adapted a couple of them, like Peril At Delphi, and fixed all the continuity errors (and set in 1923, the only logical dating for this story, btw, when reading this, i couldnt picture Harrison Ford, only Sean PAtrick Flannery, as it stands the opening scene of this book takes place smack in the middle of Mystery of the Blues, which is just WRONG). A good potential story could be indy helping his old friend Howard Carter (whom he met in MY FIRST ADVENTURE, and Treasure of the Peacock's eye. Carter even invites him on an expedition a perfect adventure for a new story) exavate Tutenkaman's tomb in 1923. plus you've got the search for the staff of ra with ravenwood, plus the tale of Indy betraying Marion, betraying Abner, meeting Beloq, and becoming alow down scoundrel (going from being all about "it belongs in a museum" in young indy to "Fortune and Glory" in Temple of Doom, and actually selling artifacts to gangsters). The new series could show some College Year adventures to showing a downward spiral of Indy. A fall from grace if you will. In fact, i think the whole Indy trilogy seems to be a Redemption of Indiana Jones. Indy gives up his fortune and glory ideals at the end of Temple by giving the Shankara stones back to the village. Raiders shows Indy going from being an Atheist to someone not knowing what to believe. It also shows him resolving things with Marion, and in a way, Abner. The Last Crusade shows Indy finally learning what god is. It also shows him fixing his relationship with his father, which he destroyed in chaper 19, Winds of Change. Anyway, I'm gonna go compile a listing of what possible episodes could be about, while intertwining historical events. Someone send in some major archealogical events of the 20s, besides tutenkhaman, which is agiven since Indy already knows Howard Carter.
: - Chaz

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]