No.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 31, 1999 at 12:59:58:

In Reply to: Michaelson, what about.... posted by Christopher on October 29, 1999 at 13:46:57:

: Michaelson,

: As a curios and relics license holder, I am able to purchase various firearms classified as a curios and relic without having to transfer through a firearm dealer. I recently came across the Russian
: Nagant M1895 Revolver which closely resembles a Webley (at least this is what I think). For $50 at Century International Arms, it comes with a holster and lanyard. They even sell a cylinder which converts the revolver to .32 ACP. Just curios what you think of this revolver as a Webley alternative.

: Thanks,

: Chris

No Chris, I sure don't. The action is closer to the Smith, but the seal in front of the cylinder is a completely different design for pressure than any revolvers made to date. Though the Russians swore by the Nagant, and these old war horses held up clear through Viet Nam, they are in no way comparible to the Webley in either frame strength, or size. They are, in their own right, a very interesting revolver none the less. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]