Re: Music in AYIJ

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Joe from dialup140.multilinkws.com on October 31, 1999 at 13:17:57:

In Reply to: Music in AYIJ posted by Alaska Jim on October 31, 1999 at 11:43:02:

Hm - what episodes did you watch last night? I don’t have any of the new tapes yet (though I will when time and money permit), but I’ve been watching the USA broadcasts, and so far the music is the same as what was used in the original episodes (except for the music in added/deleted scenes, of course), and definitely not from the films, with the exception of “((Young) Indiana Jones and the) Mystery of the Blues”, which used some new arrangements of portions of the ”Raiders of the Lost Ark” for the framing segments with Harrison as middle-aged Indy, and (if memory serves) the “Egypt 1908” portion of “Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal”, which I believe used the Arab dig chant from the Well of Souls excavation from “Raiders” for Howard Carter’s excavation in the episode. The score for “Phantom Train of Doom” is deliberately similar in style to Williams’s music for the films, particularly “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade”, but even it doesn’t use any actual specific compositions from the movie. I don’t understand what you think you’re hearing, but I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of the music in TYIJC / TAYIJ is not the same as the film scores.

As I noted above, I haven’t seen & heard all of the AYIJ, but from what I have I’d say all or virtually all the music is the same as what was used in TYIJC. I suggest getting copies of the four soundtrack CDs from TYIJC and the three film ones and comparing them. Hope this helps!

- IJ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]